My First Day Teaching in Taiwan


Today, I tell the story of my first day teaching in Taiwan.

One of the most exciting things about teaching to me, was I was going to have the opportunity to do things my way. I sat on my bed the night before my first day of work. This was my first time ever teaching small children. I completely lied on my resume and said I had experience teaching little kids.  But, I thought of an idea of how I wanted to teach the ABC's to my first class, the next day. The school had already told me that I would be teaching a small class of five year olds.

I thought I could have them bounce the NBA-sized basketball back and forth to each other as they practiced their ABC's. Before they got to H, a clever little boy named Kai Kai had his chubby classmate , Jerry in a headlock. Jerry's sister cried in the corner, as  my boss paced hysterically outside the room.

I felt like a lot of things. I never found the right words to describe it. Was it like a dog that doesn't know how to catch a ball?

No.  How about like an English teacher that teachrs English as well as a pig could teach cleanliness.

Nah. Ok.

Maybe a fish on top of a fire-hydrant?

Really out of place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons Why I Joined The TIE Mastermind Group

The RKD (Reflection Kills Depression) Movement Is Coming!

A WTF Tinder Date (In The Philippines)