A Tribute to Portis- The Awesome Nut


I was saddened to read today that Clinton Portis was one of my favorite Washington Redskins of all-time has been accused of his involvement of multi-million dollar health insurance scam among twelve NFL players.

I can remember for years my buddy who I call Angry Gus, calling me every Friday afternoon.

"Hey, did you see what your buddy Portis wore to the press conference today?"
"No man. Don't tell me. I want to see it myself."

In my generation of sports, I don't remember anybody expressing themselves in such a unique way as Portis, and definitely not with the Redksins.  You had the Posse, the Redskins receivers back in the 80's that used to do their leaping high-five after a touchdown.  The Redskins also had Joe Theisman, but he was more just like a flashy Lady's Man in my memories of him. And, it was also fun to watch Young Jay Schroeder take over for Theisman.

But, even, my other favorite Redskin that I named my dog after ,Chris Cooley, and his antics like  having a case of beer included in his contract bonus when he came out of retirement, couldn't stack up against the genius of Portis. None of that even compares to how just amazingly different , weird, but awesome Portis' cosutmes were.

It's also sad to know that one in six NFL players goes bankrupt as noted in this CNN article. That's because a lot of the guys come from poor backgrounds, and then they suddenly have money, and have no idea what to do with it. I honestly can't say that the same thing would not happen to me if I was somehow to be put in their situations.

But, anyway,  instead of bashing Portis, I decided to use MS Paint to sketch a picture, of the best way I could think of, to represent what a nut job he was.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons Why I Joined The TIE Mastermind Group

The RKD (Reflection Kills Depression) Movement Is Coming!

A WTF Tinder Date (In The Philippines)