A Man & His Stick Walking The 9 ( Part 3 of Part 4)


Welcome back To Taiwan.

Party 'Til The Grocery Truck Comes (Pingtung)

Her air-borne legs figure-foured the center of my back.

Chores flooded all five floors of this Fenggang house.

Nobody shut the windows.

The windows had no blinds.

The door didn't lock. Nothing worked inside the house.

I grunted.

Her hands grasped the dresser while her legs were still air-borne.

I imagine she couldn't look back.

I wouldn't know. I have never been in that situation.

The neighbor's outside dog randomly barked.

This party could have went until the morning grocery truck, without interruption.

With suspended legs, her vibe still reaked of business.

I looked at her like an adventure buddy.

She looked at me as a potential business partner.

The eroticism stopped. FOREVER


Read The Mountain Like a Putting Green

One year passed. My life improved. I don't know where she is.

On this Saturday morning, I stood outside 7-11.

 I was ready to walk 100km in two days.

I watched the people at the breakfast shop I used to go to chat.

I wanted to say hi.

It scared me that they might not remember me.

My old house, the one where we could party until the grocery truck came, was 4 houses down on the right.

The weather did not yet moisten my shirt. The sun did not yet finish rising at 4:55 a.m.

My breakfast shop pals continued to chatter.

I had a job to perform. My job was to look straight ahead.

I pictured the mountains on my right, and the rivers on my left. I pictured shaking my stick at a pack of oncoming strays.

I pictured it all with a tremendous amount of pride.

It reminded me like reading a putting green.

Reading a putting green means to predict how a holder's put will role.

Reading a putting green is my second favorite thing to do.

My favorite is to look at organic vegetables in the store.

Both of them make time stand still for me.

Clicking and Clacking from Fenggang to Shizi

I marched up the hill.

My stick pounded Route 9 with clicks, and clacks.

The click clack of my stick helped me forget my final destination.

The clicking and clacking also helped me forget the temp.

The clicking and clacking picked up the tempo.

I started to believe I could do the whole 100 km without stopping.

I projected a 4 a.m. Sunday finish.

After this increased pace, I looked at some giant statues of Aboriginal hunters.

I looked at a statue of a group of Aboriginals holding hands together.

The Aboriginals holding hands together symbolized unity.

I took pictures as fast as I could. I felt really happy.

Shizi will never be a tourist destination. If you go to Shizi, you may think you wasted your time.

However, I enjoyed Shizi.

5 minutes later, my first coffee wore off.

To be continued...

Tomorrow, the walk continues with stray dogs, Taiwan beer, and ball chafe.

Thanks for listening.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons Why I Joined The TIE Mastermind Group

The RKD (Reflection Kills Depression) Movement Is Coming!

Taiwan's Public Schools vs. Taiwan Cram Schools- Comparing The Jobs