Sexy Mandarin Free Trial Review

One Sexy Discovery
"Incredible, Awesome, Amazing..."

This is just a small plethora of the flurry of words that raced through my head when I discovered the newest Chinese learning tool called Sexy Mandarin.

I was ready to do a back flip when my "language exchange partner" at the time mentioned how she stumbled on this website: http://www.sexymandarin.com/.

I instantly thought I struck learning gold.

Overall Experience-

I immediately logged on  my computer and went for a free trial lesson.
My free trial lesson came with a delightful surprise of dealing with such a friendly, professional, and well-organized company in http://www.sexymandarin.com/.

I was extremely impressed by the overall experience.

Teacher Dora's Physical Appearance
As I said, I was really happy about the entire time I spent with Sexy Mandarin. I'd be lying if I told you pretty girls don't only make me happy, but motivate me to learn more.

That is why I am going to mention the teacher's physical appearance.

I did my free trial lesson with a young lady named Dora.

Teacher Dora's looks can be described in one sentence:

"Drop-dead gorgeous with a smile that will make your day."

Just being pretty doesn't always cut it for me. Dora is very clever and intelligent to go along with a delightful personality.

If you are like me and you not only want to learn, but you want it to be fun, Dora has your academic needs covered.


Classroom Setup
Now that we know we have a great teacher, let's talk about what the actual "online classroom" experience is like.

Never had an "online tutor" before?

Don't worry! Neither did I!

And if you have seen my one picture website, taiwaniseasy.blogspot.com.tw, with no extra links or fancy HTML, you will quickly understand I am not exactly your tech-geek either.

The course material is presented to you in a chat room format that is extremely easy to follow.

It is so easy that I would feel confident sending my 65 year old father who only ever uses the computer to play the card game "Hearts," to the class with no issues.

You ready to learn some Chinese with the sexy girls Pops? :)


Reading
Now, we know we have a great teacher and easy format to follow. We can take a look at some of the educational components of my experience.

Reading is one of the first things mentioned when you talk about learning Chinese.

Reading Chinese is no joke. It's hard, tedious, and extremely confusing.

Sexy Mandarin didn't disappoint us in making reading fun, and useful. Plenty of time and ample instruction was given to reading the new words.

I also like that the Romanized system of Pinyin was implemented throughout the lesson.


Writing
Now, let's move on to the writing.

Writing Chinese is far from my favorite aspect of learning the language.

I did notice there was no writing involved at all in my lesson. I'd be lying if I said this disappointed me. I actually hate learning to write Chinese.

But, I would offer the suggestion of implementing a nifty little tool on http://www.mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php

The website has a Chinese to English dictionary that shows you how to make each character, stroke by stroke.

The girls at Sexy Mandarin, http://www.sexymandarin.com/,
would have to see if they could implement that in their lesson for people wanting to learn to write.


Just a thought..


Listening
So, you learned how to read and say a few words in Chinese and you are ready to go say hi to a pretty girl, or maybe even just order a meal.

Sexy Dora gave me plenty of chance to practice my listening skills just by asking me questions in Chinese.

My only issue was my internet connection was a little slow. So, we did have a hard time hearing each other at times.


Pronunciation
I got the reading, writing, and listening skills behind me. It is time to talk about the most difficult part of learning Chinese, pronunciation. The 4 different tones can drive the expats insane!

When my "Ni-hao" or hello in Chinese, recently got mistaken for me wanting a pack of cigarettes with that same brand name but different tone, I realized that maybe my pronunciation isn't so perfect.

This Ni-Hao cigarette debacle was not my only recent embarrassing situation. I also stormed out of a restaurant last month when the waitress brought me spicy beef instead of not spicy chicken due to her being unable to understand my lousy pronunciation.

These two indicators were a giant slap in the face that this is something I need to work on.

Dora did not disappoint one bit in this category. She was all over me when I missed a tone, or pronunciation. Of course, she was still encouraging enough that I didn't get frustrated.


Conversation
A boost in confidence in my pronunciation can only lead to what is most important for me about learning Chinese. That is to carry on fun conversations.

Being a professional Chinese translator has ABSOLUTELY no appeal to me.

I am honestly only learning Chinese for survival skills, maybe to be a better English teacher, and because I like showing off for pretty girls in Chinese:)

Dora opened up the flood gate for conversation after she taught me the words for "hot girls" in Chinese.

She was very sly about sliding that word into our lesson. I immediately thought that finally somebody gets that I am learning just for the sake of having fun.

That is the way learning should be in my opinion.

She also was nice enough to do a mock conversation where I say you are a hot girl, I like you, what's your phone number?

She even leaned closer and smiled when I said what's your phone number?

I am smart enough to realize that Sexy Mandarin is a business, and she has to smile, and be playful

But, good natured flirting with zero expectations is always fun. I think it just lifts the spirits of all parties involved.


Follow Up
After my 60 minutes of smiling, practicing, and really having fun learning Chinese was over, I got one more pleasant surprise from my tutor for the day, Sexy Dora.

This included a detailed and easy to follow review of the day's lessons.

Maybe, she saw the 7 bottles of milk tea on my desk, and papers everywhere and thought she needed to do this for me especially. It was still a really nice, and professional gesture.


Creeper Alert
Like I said, it was truly an awesome experience for me. That is why I feel obligated to make sure everyone knows that they are a legit organization.

So, if you are a weirdo that thinks you can manipulate these girls into doing unethical things, just throw that idea right out.

The girls will have fun with you while they teach. By "fun," I really mean just laughing, and smiling.

But, it will go NO further than that.

They had one instance a while ago of a student being verbally abusive with a teacher. They eliminated that dude quickly!!

It was also to see the entire Sexy Mandarin community be so supportive of the teacher abused. This included the student body.


Future Plans
Overall, these girls are smart, fun, beautiful, and professional. I strongly encourage anyone to give them a try.

Are you wondering what is in store for the future of Sexy Mandarin?
You can like them on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SexyMandarin?fref=ts, and see for yourself.


Here is a picture to get you in the mood to study from their facebook page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons Why I Joined The TIE Mastermind Group

The RKD (Reflection Kills Depression) Movement Is Coming!

A WTF Tinder Date (In The Philippines)