5 Reasons Why I Joined The TIE Mastermind Group


So, I recently decided to invest the time and money to join a Mastermind group. Many years ago, I read about Mastermind groups in one of Napoleon Hill's books, Think & Grow Rich.

The idea to either start my own Mastermind  group, or participate in one, always intrigued me. I am playfully looking it as bootcamp for the mind. 

The Mastermind group officially kicks off tomorrow night at 9 p.m., with our first group call on Zoom. 

Here are five reasons  why I decided to do it.


#1 Trust


Although I live about three hours from Taipei by train, I have observed the actions of the group, Taipei Impact Entrepreneurs, over  the last year and a half or so. My instincts have been that everyone in the group is extremely friendly , professional, and supportive. I never would have joined if they did not have that opportunity to establish a strong sense of trust within the community that hey are jumpstarting. 

# 2 Accountability 




One of the things that helped persuade me to invest the time and money to join a Mastermind group was for the accountability factor. Sometimes, I feel like if I had one NT for every person in the world with a great idea for a business but is not doing anything with it, that I would be Warren Buffett-rich:)

 An obvious way to overcome that is to have someone to hold you accountable for your procrastination and other destructive habits.

#3 Mentor


This quote not only looks good on an Instagram poster,  but it is also quite relevant.  It is extremely difficult to obtain an accurate assessment of how much potential we  actually have.

When starting out in any field, I think it is important to connect with people who have already achieved what you want to achieve. It is also advantageous if those same successful people are willing to pass on their knowledge. 

4. Consistency




I think anybody can smash all their goals for one or two days. But, can you keep up that work ethic and drive for decades at a time? Well, I need to start with days, then weeks, etc.

#5 Community 









Is there anyone that knows more about the importance of working together than Helen Keller? She was the first blind dead person to get a Bachelor's degree. She also published twelve books throughout her writing career. She couldn't have achieved any of that without a strong community around her. 

Conclusion 


The long term goal for me is to start generating enough income to support my own quirky little art residency.  

In post Covid times, picture a place like this. 

A writer, artist, or comedian, who feeds off the energy of being around  people of similar interests for long extended periods of time,  comes and stays at your house that is already filled with other similar people. They have the chance to cooperate on ideas, learn from each other, etc. 

Essentially,  the residency should be overflowing with creativity. 

Currently,  I am extremely far away from that goal. However,  I feel like this is the beginning of moving in the right direction. 

In the meantime,  help me get started by doing two things. 

1.) Smash the SUBSCRIBE button on the blog. 
2.) Drop a Comment and tell me- What would hold you back from joining a Mastermind group



Thanks so much!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The RKD (Reflection Kills Depression) Movement Is Coming!

A WTF Tinder Date (In The Philippines)