Tainan Bus Stop Blues

As I sit here in the Tainan bus station at 3:45 on a Saturday afternoon, I am currently facing two of my biggest challenges this week.

#1- Keeping My Eyes Open

#2- Keeping My Head Up and avoiding the embarrassment of falling of the bus stop stool while passed out.

The one bit of solitude I do have is that the weather is absolutely perfect outside. There is not a cloud in the sky, and the temperature is hovering right around 75 degrees which is absolutely perfect for my own liking. I also have trusty two month old Madgun brown and yellow guitar in its ugly black ripped gig bag.


The bus stop is a hybrid between a station and just a very large stop. It probably has about 15-25 people waiting around for the next bus. I am on my way back to Jongli.

 Not one of them is of Western descent of course besides me.

I am so tired that I can actually see stars coming out of the corner of my left eye. And, I know the other one is droopy.

If you are wondering why I am so tired, I will just simply state that this was the last day of Chinese New Year.

Do you need further clarification? :) I didn't think so.

I still feel a tremendous buzz which is amazing since it is almost 4 in the afternoon. But, I guess when you go to bed at 8am , that is still allowed.

I feel 100 percent at ease with the entire world right now. Nothing can further back up that statement more than by the fact that I completely just jammed out with my trusty Madgun guitar right in the middle of the Tainan bus station for the last 45 minutes.

The thoughts going through the heads of the Taiwanese people would have been priceless to capture. :et me also remind you that I can barely get through 3 cords on the guitar. But, I really just didn't give it a shit about anything.

I sat on my blue and silver hard back chair, and played those same 3 chords OVER and OVER again for at least 45 minutes.

I also decided to carry on some lyrics with it. Now, I am an absolutely horrendous singer to begin with. To complicate matters worse, I was trying to make up my own lyrics as I went.

"I'm sitting here in Tainan, gonna sing a good song, just for you and me."

The best part was I really didn't care if anybody liked it at all. 

My eyes were blood shot as can be and I hadn't shave in at least 4 days. I have a head big enough that it used to force my parents to driver to a different state to buy me a football helmet.

And,  I am singing away in a perfectly quiet and sane bus stop without even a glance my way.

But, after that bizarre display of my lack of musical talent, it was back to Jongli for now. My bus was here.

The 19 year old kid managed to spit out the words "You GuitARR Awesome." I thought what a liar. But, of course I greeted him with a "Xie Xie" or thank you.

Tainan, and your bit of solitude in a tiny display of something besides concrete jungle with your beaches, and surrounding mountains, I shall return soon.

Cheers,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons Why I Joined The TIE Mastermind Group

The RKD (Reflection Kills Depression) Movement Is Coming!

A WTF Tinder Date (In The Philippines)